Today I wanted to share a few photos from my recent trip to Poland! One of the places I visited was the Park of Podlasie Heritage Miniatures in Hajnówka, a lovely open air attraction where you can see miniature versions of historic buildings from the Podlaskie region.
Before I start, I wanted to mention that I received permission to take photos at the park. The park’s official information also allows visitors to take photographs, as long as they do not enter the exhibits or damage the attractions. So, of course, I made sure to follow those rules while taking my photos. (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)
I honestly did not expect this place to give me so much building inspiration!
As someone who enjoys creating my own little worlds and structures, I always love seeing how other builders approach architecture, details and construction. Even though these were miniature buildings, I found quite a few interesting shapes, construction ideas and little tricks that immediately made me think:
“Ohhh, I am definitely stealing this idea for one of my future builds.” (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ✧
So, let’s take a little walk through the park!
Nadja exploring Branicki Palace
And here comes one of the big ones, Branicki Palace in Białystok, a magnificent late Baroque residence often called the “Versailles of Podlasie.”This one was especially fun for me because I actually visited the palace last year!
Today, the building is associated with the Medical University of Białystok. During my visit, I also had the chance to see the Medical University Museum, and naturally, the part that caught my attention the most was the dental exhibition. xD
People were joking that it looked like something straight out of a horror movie...
And honestly?
I was not going to argue with them! (⊙_⊙)
A little stop at the old mill during Nadja’s journey
Next stop: an old water mill from around 1850, originally located at the Agricultural Museum in Ciechanowiec. The original building is particularly interesting because it has survived in its original location and was built using a traditional timber log construction technique.
![]() |
Frieren and Fern dressed up for a ball at the Imperial Palace
One of the miniatures that really caught my attention was the Imperial Palace in Białowieża.The original palace was built in 1894 for Tsar Alexander III, but sadly it no longer exists. It was burned down in 1944 and later demolished in 1961. Only the palace gate survived.
Seeing its reconstruction in miniature was especially fascinating. I love how models like this can preserve the memory of buildings that have disappeared from the real world. (˶ˆᗜˆ˵)♡
And of course, Frieren and Fern had to dress up for the occasion!
| Frieren and Fern dressed up for a ball! |
Nadja exploring the Governor's Manor House
Still in Białowieża, we have the Governor's Manor House, built in 1845.
It is around 50 years older than the Imperial Palace and is considered the oldest surviving building in Białowieża. Today, it houses the Nature Education Centre of Białowieża National Park.
I really liked this one because of its slightly simpler architecture. It was a nice reminder that you do not always need huge and complicated structures to make a building visually interesting.
Nadja, meanwhile, was doing a very important job: exploring the park and looking cute while I inspected all the tiny architectural details. Very demanding work indeed. ( ̄▽ ̄)ゞ
Here are a few more little stops from the park! I managed to photograph quite a few other attractions, although getting a clear shot was sometimes a bit of a challenge. Other visitors had their own adventures to enjoy too, so occasionally I had to wait for my turn with the camera. ( ̄▽ ̄)ゞ
Some of these models didn’t quite work for my Nendos, either because the scale wasn’t right or I simply didn’t get the chance to set up another little photo session. So they ended up here instead, as a small collection of the other places that caught my eye along the way.
Still, they were all part of the adventure, so here are a few more little pieces of Podlasie in miniature!
(˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)
A Little More Than Just a Sightseeing Trip
Overall, this was a really fun and inspiring little adventure. I’m especially happy I could see the miniatures not only as a visitor, but also from a builder’s perspective.
Since I create tiny worlds, dioramas and scale builds myself, I always enjoy seeing how other people approach architecture and construction. Sometimes one small detail is enough to spark a completely new idea. (˶ˆᗜˆ˵)
The reconstructions were beautiful, and you could really see how much time, patience and craftsmanship went into them. That is also why it was a little sad to notice some chipped or broken elements. I even saw visitors placing children on the roofs of some models just to take a photo.
I don’t mean this as a complaint, but rather as a little reminder that even miniature buildings are someone’s work and deserve to be treated with care and respect! (。•́︿•̀。)
I left Hajnówka with a camera full of photos, a head full of ideas and plenty of inspiration for future builds.
And honestly, that is one of my favourite things about travelling. Sometimes you don’t just come home with souvenirs.
Sometimes you come home with new things you want to build. (♡˙︶˙♡)

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz